Next on 2chix 1mic…
The effects of sexual abuse are not the same for every person, individuals may feel varied emotions that can depend on their own circumstances. This tuesday (8/3) 2chix 1mic will explore feelings related to abuse and offer ideas that can help towards healing.
Feel free to call in to offer your support or advice starting at 9:15pm EST at (516) 665 1890.
- Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted or abused.
- 1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of sexual abuse or molestation.
- 15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12. 29% are age 12-17. 44% are under age 18.
- Sexual abuse by women rarely gets reported. Victims often don’t understand that what happened to them was abuse until years later when they are adults but recent statistics show an alarmingly high rate of sexual abuse by women (a range of 59% – 80%).
- Sexual abuse CAN occur in marriages and relationships.
HOW TO LISTEN & CALL THE SHOW:
TUNE IN: EVERY TUESDAY AT 9PM (EST) ON WWW.CARIFUN.COM TO HEAR THE SHOW & PARTICIPATE IN THE CHAT ROOM
CALL IN: WITH YOUR STORIES – (516) 665 1890
(mac users, please select your player on the upper right hand side)