Desperation and dating don’t mix. This Tuesday (7/27), 2chix 1mic will help you spot the red flags of a desperate dater and if that person is you, find out how to dial down the desperation.
Here are some tell-tale warning signs you or someone you know may be a desperate dater:
- Do you find yourself hopping from relationship to relationship with little down time?
- At a party or out with friends, does your night immediately turn sour if there are no love prospects in the room?
- Do you have a tendency towards assuming the interests, hobbies and accents of anyone you date?
- Do you ask dates “where this is going” before ten dates?
- Will you put your family and friends on hold just to be in a relationship?
- Have you stayed in dead end relationships hoping they will turn into long-term romances?
It’s a basic human behavior. The things that we believe to be abundant get less attention. The things we believe to be scarce and valuable get lots of attention. It makes lots of sense in the jungle, but focusing your attention like a laser beam on a potential relationship partner can spell doom.
Desperate daters are scared that they are going to be dumped. They believe there are few good candidates out there, and if they lose this person…they will be crushed!
So they hold on tightly. They ask a lot of prying questions, “What did you do last night? Who was there?” They stay as close as possible under the assumption that being nearby can prevent their prize from escaping. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth….
Tune in tonight to learn more!